Tuesday 9 April 2013

What's in my makeup bag? (Day 11, 30 Day Blog Challenge)


(Another apology- not only has my camera broke, the internet has been ridiculously slow for the past few days so I've not had chance to upload this post! Sorry!)

I've been wanting to do this post for a while and then it came up as a question on the 30 day blog challenge so here it is! :) Do you not just love my make up bag?! I think it's the cutest thing. I got it in the Claires sale for about £6 in the middle of last year. This is just my everyday makeup bag, with the products I use the most. One day I might do a post featuring my whole makeup collection!


1) Topshop Cheek Duo: I bought this blush and bronzer duo from Topshop last year and I absolutely love it! I got it in the shade Desert Sun which is a gorgeous bright pink and gold colour. The two shades look amazing when blended on the cheeks. I sometimes also use it as an all over bronzer too.

2) Topshop Highlighter: I also got this highlighter from Topshop. I got it in  Sunbeam which is a shimmery gold colour and it's the best highlighter I've ever used. I love how it looks on my face and it stays on all day. I'm always getting compliments on it.

3) Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation: This has been my go to foundation since it was launched. I've got it in shade 201 Classic Beige but I think next time I repurchase I will buy the lighter shade as this one is just a little dark for me. 

4) Essence My Base Illuminating Make-Up Base: This primer is amazing value for the money. I've worn it everyday recently, even if I've not been wearing foundation. It gives my skin a healthy glow and really helps to keep my makeup in place. 

5) Eco Tools Foundation Brush: I've been using this foundation brush for so long now and I love it! The brush itself is so soft and even after hundreds of washes it still feels brand new. I use it nearly everyday to apply my liquid foundation and it's really good at blending it into the skin.

6) Essence Stay All Day Concealer: I've only recently bought this as I ran out of my usual holy grail Collection concealer and they don't sell it in Australia (boo hoo!) I bought it in shade 10 Natural Beige which is the perfect colour for me. I use it under my eyes and on any breakouts.

7) Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara: This is the most used mascara in my collection. I got this in shade 001 Black but if I was going to repurchase I would buy it in extreme black. I love how thick this mascara makes my eyelashes look.

8) Rimmel Volume Flash X10 Mascara: I always use at least 2 mascaras daily. I call this my 'base' mascara. I use this before my Scandel Eyes. I've got this in Extreme Black.

9) Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick: This is one of my favourite lipsticks of all time and I wear it nearly everyday. It goes with every makeup look and the matte finish really suits my skin tone. I bought this in shade 101 (wish they had pretty names!).

10) Elf Eyebrow Colour and Brush: This is my favourite makeup thing I own! I love it so much. I use the darker cream colour with the eyebrow pencil then lightly dust the lighter coloured powder over to set my eyebrows. They haven't had this in stock on their website for ages and I will be heartbroken if they don't bring it back soon!!

11) Elf Bronzing Brush: I use this brush with my bronzer (durrr!). For £1.50 there is nothing bad I can say about it! It's angled so makes applying bronzer easier and even though it's cheap, when washed it still feels soft and doesn't loose a lot of bristles.

12) Natural Collection Pencil Eye Liner: This is one of the best waterline eyeliners I've used. It's a toss up between this and the Rimmel one. It's so pigmented and last's for ages which is great because it's so cheap! I've got it in the colour black.

13) Elf Bronzer: I've got this bronzer in the palette warm and it's the perfect colour for my skin. It comes in 4 different slightly glittery shades which you can use on their own or blend together which is what I usually do. 

14) Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner: I've got this eyeliner in black and I love it! It's such good value for money. The applicator makes it easy to apply thin strokes and it lasts all day with fading or creasing!

15) Eco Tools Blush Brushes: I use the small rounded brush for my blusher and the larger brush for my highlighter. These are really good brushes but I think I will get a normal blush and highlighter brush next time rather than using these.

Have you used any of the products in my makeup bag? Would you like to see any proper reviews of any of these products? Let me know in the comments :D xxx

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED THIS POST!

    First of all, how cute is your make up bag? The zip on my make up bag has broke so it looks awful, ha!

    Secondly, you've got some lovely products in your bag! I'm quite impressed with Topshop's Make Up. The highlighter is gorgeous! You need to try out the cream highlighter they have. I don't know of a single person that hates it!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks :) I know, it really is the cutest! Love anything quilted and hello kitty <3 Ooo, I'll defo have to try that out!! Thanks :D

      Jaime xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely things! Love your make up bag :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can fit so much into that small bag, love these posts can be really nosy.

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete